Learner User Manual¶
Who is a “learner”?
Anyone who uses KA Lite primarily for learning. Learner accounts will track individual progress through videos and exercises, and learners will only be allowed to view their own data.
Accessing KA Lite¶
There are two ways KA Lite can be used:
- Set up on a network with one main server, having machines connect to this server. If this is the setup chosen, installation is not necessary on a learner’s computer, as it can be accessible through a web browser with the IP address of the server. Simply copy and paste the server’s IP address into your web browser any time you’d like to access KA Lite. If you are unsure what the address is, please contact your administrator.
- Installed for single user, on one machine. If you are not accessing KA Lite through a network or wish to run KA Lite on your own computer, please follow the KA Lite Installation Guides first before proceeding with this user manual. Once you have done so, copy and paste the URL given during the installation process into a web browser to access KA Lite (it should be http://127.0.0.1:8008).
How to Sign Up¶
Learners may receive their account information from their Coaches or Administrators if their account has been preconfigured. However, it is possible for learners to create their own account. To create an account, please follow the instructions below:
- Open KA Lite.
- Click “Sign Up” at the top right of your screen.
- If you are redirected to a page that asks you to select a facility, please select the facility to which you belong. If you are unsure which facility you belong to, please contact your administrator or coach. Skip this step if you do not see this page.
- Fill out the information.
- Click the “Create user” button when you are finished.
How to Log In¶
- Open KA lite.
- Click on the “Log In” tab.
- Enter your username and password, and then click the “Log in” button.
How to Practice Exercises¶
First, please log into KA Lite. Then, navigate to the topic that you’d like to practice exercises for.
To answer a question, enter the answer in the box on the top right of the module, or select the bubble next to the answer choice in the exercise panel. Once you have decided on your answer, click “Check Answer”.
After answering a question, the exercise module will not advance to the next question until you click the “Next Question...” button on the right hand side of the module.
The bar on the top right will display your progress as you go through the exercises. After 8 correct answers out of the last 10 answered, your points for the exercise will be added to our total and you will have mastered the exercise. If you get an answer wrong or ask for a hint, you will be unable to earn points from that question until it is presented again.
If you are stuck on a problem, you can ask for a hint by clickin on the “Show hints” button! Use your hints wisely, for there are a limited number of them for every section.
If at any point during an exercise you wish to watch a video to refresh your memory, feel free to navigate to the video by expanding the green tab which will bring up the content menu. Your progress for that exercise will be saved and you will not lose your work.
How to View Your Progress¶
At any point in time, you should be able to view your progress on any topic. In order to do this,
- Log into KA Lite.
- Then, click on your name in the top right of the page.
- It will then show a drop-down menu, from which you can click on “My Progress”.
On the progress page, you will be able to view your progress on each topic. There will be two bars for each topic. The top bar represents your progress on the videos for that topic, and the bottom bar will represent your progress on the exercises for that topic.