- Uninstall KA Lite from the Control Panel.
- In Windows XP, double-click the “Add or Remove Programs” icon, then choose KA Lite.
- In later version of Windows, click the “Programs and Features” icon, then choose KA Lite.
Uninstallation from user interface¶
- Click on the app icon at the menu bar.
- Click on
Preferencesin the menu option.
- Click the
Uninstall KA Litefrom the
- A confirmation dialogue will appear, followed by a dialogue asking for your local administrator password. After confirming these steps, KA Lite will be uninstalled.
Uninstallation from command line¶
- Open Terminal.
bash /Applications/KA-Lite/KA-Lite_Uninstall.toolin your Terminal and press Enter.
- You will be prompted to choose to keep or delete your data folder.
- Another dialog will appear asking your
Password, type your password then click on
Option 1: Open up Ubuntu Software Center and locate the KA Lite package.
Option 2: Use
apt-get remove <name of package>. You have to know which
package you installed, typically this is
Installed with pip¶
You can remove KA Lite (when installed from pip or source distribution) with
pip uninstall ka-lite or
pip uninstall ka-lite-static (static version).
Removing user data¶
Some data (like videos and language packs) are downloaded into a location that depends on the user running the KA Lite server. Removing that directory can potentially reclaim lots of hard drive space.
On Windows, the HOME and USERPROFILE registry values will be used if set,
otherwise the combination
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% will be used.
You can check these values from the command prompt using the commands
echo $USERPROFILE%, etc.
Within that directory, the data is stored in the
On most versions of Windows, this is
On Linux, OSX, and other Unix-like systems, downloaded videos and database files are in